Friday, May 16, 2008

Getting Older


Well... I say this with hesitation... I'm still not sure how I feel about it but I turn 24 on Wednesday. I really only have 4 more days of saying I am 23. Now this comes with excitement and hesitation. I mean do I really want to get 1 year older and 1 year closer to a quarter century? All it really means is that I am one year closed to gray hair, a slower metabolism and "mom" jeans. All of which I could live without. Maybe they will come up with some kind of fountain of youth. I wont hold my breath.

Oh and we can't forget that next year I will have to buy 2 packs of candles only to waste 23

6 comments:

Mark D. Johnson DDS said...

So you're pretty much saying that your older siblings have one foot in the grave. Think again, I still don't wear mom jeans and I'm almost 30. I am pretty sure Joel will never wear mom's jeans, we'll leave that to dad.

Unknown said...

So what should we do? Lunch?

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful day! i will be sure to get u a card this weekend or next week sometime. Happy Birthday! Loves, Heidi

Anonymous said...

When would you three.. or could we all get together for Dinner on a Sunday sometime?

Holly and Matthew said...

HAHA! I hope you have an amazing birthday Janelle. :) It's all about how you feel right? You look simply amazing so that's not a problem. :) I sincerely hope you have an excellent week and a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Well, as you know I turned 24 on Saturday. Life has changed dramatically for me since. I'm getting wrinkles now, I've gained about 7 lbs since then, and I'm flat out miserable. Haha..I'm just kidding. Join the party! 24 is sooooo dope.