Thursday, May 1, 2008

36 Hours without a binky and counting

After reading all about the bad chemicals in bottles and pacifiers I decided it was time to do something about it. I switched Brody's pacifier to a soothie pacifier because those are BPA free... Well Brody doesn't really like the new pacifier. In fact he hasn't seemed to mind terribly not having a pacifier at all. Of course there has been a few incidents of crying spells. I can't confirm or deny that they have been caused by the lack of pacifier since Brody is sick and tends to be a crier when he's not feeling well (who wouldn't be) I figured it was either deal with him crying until he started to like the pacifiers or deal with him crying because he didn't have a pacifier. At least it would only happen once and I wouldn't have to deal with this situation again later on when I finally took the pacifier away for good. Jeremy and I were planning on taking his pacifier in a few months anyways. We are not bad parent's we see nothing wrong with a child having a pacifier and I think pacifiers are great. I just figure if I am going to take it away later I probably should do it before my child gets wise enough to figure out where I am hiding it and old enough to move to actually get it. It probably wont be as soon with the next. Best of luck to everyone else trying to get rid of their child's Binky.

0 comments: