Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The cream cheese burnt me


Yes that is correct and I know you are all wondering how that could happen... It can.... I was in a hurry this morning trying to get out of the house. I was making this yummy crock pot chicken dinner for a family in our ward. I was in to much of a hurry to let the cream cheese melt, way to lazy to try and mix it in cold with a hand mixer and didn't think that putting it in whole would work very well. So I decided that I would put the cream cheese into the microwave to soften it. I put it in for 3o seconds and it didn't do much so I put it in for 1 minute. Well 30 seconds into warming it the cream cheese block started popping. I opened the microwave and pulled it out figuring it was soft enough when it popped again and SCALDING HOT CREAM CHEESE came flying at me burning my neck... It hurt really bad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!! YOU OKAY??? HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT!

Melanie Love said...

Ouch!, However you only have to put in in for 30 seconds for it to work with that recipe. You do have to mix it in though with everything else. I usually use my KitchenAid for that recipe.

Unknown said...

YOUCH! I hate those burns! When can we get together for dinner the four of us? I feel like we haven't all hung out in forever!