Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So many things to be grateful for

Sometimes I feel when I make my posts that all I do is tell how great life is going and skip all of the trials. I mentioned this to a friend and she said maybe it was because I am the kind of person that just looks at things in a positive way. I think I have come to realize that there are so many things to be grateful for that even when times are tough there is always something to be learned, a blessing coming or a reminder that I have a pretty easy life. With that in mind I would like to share this with you in hopes that someone out there can realize life can and does suck at points but it's all in his plan for us and there really are so many things to be grateful for... It's all about the way you look at it. I haven't shared this story with many people but I feel like it's time and I hope those out there struggling will see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that even though life isn't working out just as they had hoped that maybe the big guys master plan is a lot better than ours!


6 months ago I worked for a company and my husband worked for it's sister company. Things were going pretty sour with my company, people were laid off, money was lost and paychecks were late if they were paid. After a month and a half of this (about 3 weeks before Brody was born) my company closed down. I was out 3 paychecks and a job. It was really hard because I had planned on working from home part time for some extra money and not only did I not have a job I was out quite a chunk of change as well. fast forward 3 weeks. Two days before Brody was born Jeremy decided to resign from his job. They had approached him to take a 40% pay cut due to the fact that my company had closed, and even though they were no longer sister companies at that time, they were financially struggling as well. Now when Jeremy came home to tell me this there were a lot of tears and questions. I was so scared not knowing how we were going to pay the bills, if we would have insurance to cover the baby that was coming, or what Jeremy would do for a job. It was the last thing I wanted to hear 2 days before our baby was actually due. Well I sucked it up for the Holidays, I didn't want to worry my family so I didn't tell them. I just told them he had time off for the baby the whole 10 days they were here. The holidays came and went and still no job. We had 2 houses at the time due to a investment property gone bad, upcoming hospital bills and no jobs lined up. After a few days of crying, worrying and praying I decided I could worry or let the lord take care of it.


Jeremy was out of a job for 2 1/2 months and those were the best 2 1/2 months of my life. I can't say I never worried but it was such an amazing experience to be able to share the new birth of our baby together. The ups and downs, late night feedings, and struggles of being new parents. I don't think Jeremy loved it as much as I did being the provider he worried probably a lot more than I did. The Lord blessed us in so many ways to learn and grow and become better people. We made it through! Jeremy found an even better job allowing me to be able to stay home with the baby, we were able to sell our second house and lived off that money instead of our savings and we learned a lot of very valuable lessons.


I know that a lot of trials don't work themselves out this quick or always this well and that a lot of close friends are struggling in many different ways. I hope that this helps all of them to realize that it's all in his plan and even though things many not work out in the timeline the desire or the way they desire. We can either take life's trials and be bitter and angry or learn and grow from these trials. My life isn't perfect there are new struggles and trials everyday but I encourage all of you to rely on the Lord and learn from these trials... They too shall pass.


That is my little speech. I hope that whoever it was meant for gets to read it! and that all of you are doing well. If anyone needs anything I would love to help! If none of these words helps anyone maybe this smiling face will brighten your day!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

I don't want to sound all corny, BUT...Thank u for sharing. Rod & I are in a crappy situation...and your post was what I needed to read. It seriously helped me to change my perspective. thanks ;)

Jenny said...

I think it is awesome you shared that story. It's good to be positive, but I also really like when people don't always try to make their lives sound perfect. I am so glad everything has worked out for you guys so well!

Anonymous said...

Yes thanks for sharing! your awesome.... I Love you all!

Linds Forrest said...

Janelle you have always been a great positive person, and also very faithful. That is really neat you shared your story and it's so awesome to hear your testimony shine through it all. Thank you for sharing!

PS.. I totally have to call you cause I had the craziest dream with you in it! Let's just say it was so crazy I probably shouldn't mention it in my comments. ha ha... Hopefully you're not busy tonight so we can chat! You're going to lvoe it. Ok... don't get high expectations, but it will be nice to chat with you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post!!! I related to a lot of what you said and it helped me to take a step back and be grateful for what is most important in my life!!!