Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What a day

We are finally back from Florida and what a week it was. It was nice to board our last flight in Dallas. The only problem with our flight was that we had a guy I would vote for as "Tool of The Year" sitting right behind us. For those of you who do not know what a tool is my definition is a person usually of the male persuasion who makes a complete idiot of himself in front of alot of people. This guy fit the perfect description. Just look at the picture I made jeremy take of him so I could add it to the blog.

As you can see by his looks he is no ladies man. So we are sitting in front of him waiting for our flight to pull back from the gate. He was talking on his phone and seriously this guy used the F word every other word or two like 5-6 times very loudly on a flight headed to Salt Lake. Then he proceeded to talk to his friend about how all of these girls were so into him and how he was into this girl who had a boyfriend that she lived with but that it was just a relationship of convenience and that he was going to win her over. Finally to top it all off in a voice loud enough that it could be heard atleast 3 rows up he starts talking about the nitty gritty of sexual positions on a dryer. Yes you heard me right. I almost peed my pants. So this guy made if on my blog as tool of the year.

Also, while in Dallas I leared a new trick to make Brody smile. He was a little sad and tired while we waited in Dallas for our next flight. Here is a video of our experience

To top the trip off when we finally made it home and to sleep we ended up with Jack in our bed. He missed us alot and we didn't play with him very much since it was so late when we finally got home and Lacy, who by the way is the greatest person every for watching my dog and bringing him back to my house, dropped him off. It was about 12:00 when we finally got to bed only to be woken up by Brody at 1:30. I was quite frustrated because the whole trip he slept atleast 8 hours straight and some nights even 10 hours. So I get up and give Brody a binky knowing he really isn't hungry to eat. I get back in bed and a few minutes later he begins crying again I jump up only realize that I had missed the fact that he had something on him and his sheets I thought to be spit up. I changed his clothes and his sheets and dropped him back into bed. I get in bed and jack, who was sleeping on a different blanket between Jeremy and I started making noises. I put my hand up to his mouth to see if he had something and he threw up in my had and on his blanket. I freaked and Jeremy turned on the lights. Then he baby started crying Jeremy got the dog off the bed and headed downstairs only to have the dog throw up on one stair 3 times. Meandwhile I was in brody's room and inspected the sheet to find out that it wasn't spit up it was urine. I don't know if Jeremy didn't secure the diaper very well or if he just peed alot in a 2 hour period but it pee so I changed brody got him cleaned up and we finally headed back to bed.

Now today I am focusing on washing clothes and repacking to leave for washington tomorrow. I am so excited to go to washington and see some friends and hang out withe my extended family for my Grandma Brown's 80th Birthday.

14 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

oh, babies. seriously-you can't rely on them to give you the good night's sleep you are planning on and deserve. just when you think you're in the clear something happens-whether it be a new tooth or some kind of bug or a random midnight poo blowout. we had a very similar night a few nights ago. after weeks of sickness and teething nash had been sleeping through the night again. then he decided to wake up five times in one night and lexi woke me up twice to pee (which she never does). at least they team up and get it over with in the same night, right?

Jenny said...

what a night! thats awesome brody slept so well in florida so you could enjoy your vacation! have fun at grandma's- i'm sad i won't be there.

Linds Forrest said...

Welcome back to Utah, for a day! But that is so frustrating about both your buddy boy and Jack. Good thing you didn't throw up at Jack's throw up. Travel safe to Washington!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back in Utah! for a Day! i hope you all have tons of fun In washington.
Keep up the updates and stuff.

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

What a trip for you guys. Super fun though, welcome back to Utah and real life!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I think I have experienced a few tools on flights too. I hate when I get stuck next to some freak like that.

Carlos & Karly said...

yay, you're home!! let's do dinner, I miss Brody!!

Iliana said...

Hey, I found your blog and you are funny! I woulda told that guy what an idiot he was! Holy cow! Fun life on vacation all the time:)!

Heather said...

I cannot believe that! I would have died. I love that you had your husband take a picture. I would totally make Jared take a picture too. We found you guys from Jess. We are excited to check in on you guys once in a while!

Heather said...

I cannot believe that! I would have died. I love that you had your husband take a picture. I would totally make Jared take a picture too. We found you guys from Jess. We are excited to check in on you guys once in a while!

Jess and Joe said...

Hey Janelle-
I have never laughed so hard. I can't believe that guy...and that you got a picture of him..that is the kicker. Brody is so CUTE!!! That is such a fun age! =]

The Bucks said...

We missed you on Saturday!! Jeremy was sooo lonely without you but I hope you had fun!!

Sondra said...

Janelle! I just found your blog! I love all of your posts. Especially about the tool. What a loser. Anyway, I still have yet to see Brody, who is so adorable. And to give you your baby gift which has been sitting around here for forever. I am a slacker. I would love to see him sometime though!

Courtney said...

ok im ready for a new post lady!!! time to update where are you! you be so proud of me im doing so good! casey got me a new camera it makes it just that much more fun so i need to put some pics on fun times... happy blogging!