Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yummy "clean eating" Roasted asparagus


1 lb asparagus
2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive Oil
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Clove Garlic
Sea Salt and ground Pepper to taste
Cooking Spray

Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Break off woody stems of each asparagus spear. Rinse well under running water. Asparagus grows in sand and needs a good washing if you don't' want your final dish to be gritty.

Toss spears in olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Lay in a single layer in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake 6-10 minutes

ONLY MAKE WHAT YOU WILL EAT... it's not good as leftovers!

I love this it's so fast and really good. It took me about 5 minutes of prep and I cooked them about 8 minutes. I love them with lemon pepper salmon and mashed red potatoes. Enjoy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Yummy! can i have permission to post this on my recipie blog?

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

That is a great recipe. The clean eating recipe book is the best by tosca reno. This particular recipe is in her book. Love tyhat book, great investment

Unknown said...

Yum! We are most likely trying it this week. I can't wait. I don't know why I didn't use to like asparagus. It is so delicious