Friday, March 28, 2008

Maybe the neighbor is only partially creepy

After I called the police, one of the neighbors went over and talked to him and another neighbor called the police I think the "creepy neighbor" has decided not to be so creepy. Apparently the camera he was using was for security... He had his tires slashed and his house toilet papered. He has since taken the camera down and fully opened his blinds so we know he isn't hiding behind them watching. I believe this is a good faith effort showing maybe he isn't as creepy as well all think. While I understand his desire for security and can appreciate that, I didn't like him knowing when I come and go, my husband comes and goes as well as being able to watch the neighbor kids. I think if he would like a security camera a better place would be to put the camera outside above his garage where he would get coverage of his property and minimal coverage of the street. This would be a much less creepy option that in his 2nd story bedroom window where he could potentially reposition the camera anywhere he wanted to including someones bedroom window. I know I watch a little too much Law and Order SVU and cold case files and as my husband says I am a lot like my mother "paranoid" as he put it. But hey hopefully it keeps me safe. I hope all of the neighbors can appreciate the fact that he took it down and give him the benefit of the doubt.... I mean a lot of 14 year old girls look 18 and even though prostitution is illegal it's a lot less creepy than attacking a girl... and maybe just maybe the pornography was his business partners. There is always the possibility he was just give them bus money to go home so they could be safe not paying for the sexual favors. Who really knows :)

3 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Good Job on the blogging! thanks for the updates. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Let me just say that everything you said I agree with. I think you said it well, i'll leave it at that

Me and My Clan said...

Wow, that's really good to hear. I feel much better. It's funny because I was kind of wondering all the same things...trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have to be honest. I really kind of feel bad for the poor shlub.