Thursday, March 13, 2008

Working out + Clean Eating

As I said I've been getting up at 4:45 and going to the gym. Jeremy's new job has him working 7-4. I love this because he is always home before 5 and because he works so close he comes home for an hour during lunch. It's so much fun. Anyways, back to the gym. It's awesome! I really highly recommend it to everyone. There isn't very many people, it's a true commitment to yourself to go at the same time and put it first and foremost before you do anything else. Although it is early for my life it's either then or at night. I love spending time with my family so going once Jeremy got home just did not work for me. Also I've been clean eating. For those of those who don't know what clean eating is basically it's eating complex carbs, proteins and Essential fats. For those scratching their head after that... I eat whole grains, fruits and vegi's, and chicken, fish etc. I stay clear of most foods in the "inside of the store" (chips, packaged foods, refined sugars) and stick to the outsides. If you really want to know more you can ask me or read the book. It's called clean eating. No it's not a diet it's a way of life. No I don't count my calories, starve myself, and No I am not perfect I do have a treat here and there. I eat 5 to 6 meals a day full of Great tasting food. For example I eat old fashion oat meal (not quick oatmeal. It tastes sick and isn't as good for you) I put things like 1/2 of a sugar free apple cider packet for flavor a little milk. Sometimes I add a small protein shake to that. Once I get back from the gym if I haven't had my protein I will eat Shredded wheat with a 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein on top for flavor and add some milk. Now lunch usually changes a lot so it ranges from a chicken breast with fruit or vegetables to a yummy chicken, and craisin salad with balsamic dressing to a yummy sandwich. then of course another great snack and finally dinner which ranges from Chicken to salmon to pork tender loin. I love adding steamed broccoli or baked sweet potato fries or brown rice. Yum Wow I am making my mouth water. Anyways, I love it and it's helped me get off the last of the prego weight. It's also going to help me win my bet with Jeremy.Which by the way is going good. If anyone has any questions about clean eating I would love to talk to you about it or you can read the awesome book. I love the work out book as well.

8 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Janelle that is so awesome! You have always been the biggest inspiration to me and going to the gym!!

Vanessa said...

Good for you, especially for waking up that early! Impressive!

Anonymous said...

Janelle- How awesome! i am so happy for you! real dedication to wake up that early every morning. But, for a good cause! also can i borrow a copy of the book you were talking about in this post?

Iliana said...

Are you going to 800 N? Usually Estela, Chellese and Val and I are there around 5-5:30. 4:30 seems just plain nuts, but impressive! I love that you love it. Its been over a month of going early and I still haven't gotten used to it. Clean eating huh? Sounds good for you, maybe I'll have to try it!

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

I am so excited for you!!! I am so happy that you love to eat clean. Clean eating is definately a lifestyle but once you figure out what works for you and for your family it is a wonderful lifestyle. Happy Clean Eating!!! Oh, oxgyen magazine is a great source of information and clean eating magazine too. check it out.

Anonymous said...

Good job with your clean eating! I can't believe that you get up that early! That is way to early for me. I am not a morning person at all.

Anonymous said...

Wow you are good!!! I used to go to the gym at 6 every morning, and then who knows what happened. I promised myself I would work out this pregnancy but that's not going so well either. Good job on the healthy eating, I'm too picky of a eater:)
And yes I was talking about your crazy clean flicks neighbor, and everything else in the world!

Kellie said...

I think it is so great that you are doing the clean eating. I have heard alot about it lately and sorta use it on my own family. I would like to get more into it. Who is the author of the book you recommended?