Monday, June 30, 2008

I think I may have my dog's legs removed

Well today I thought it would be fun to go play at the playground in our neighborhood with Brody and Jack. It's fenced in and even though there is a place in the fence where jack can slip through I figured if I sat by it there would be no problem.. I guess I thought wrong. I was sitting opening mail, playing with Brody and watching Jack run and run all around. He was over laying down by me and I turned the other direction for a second and he was halfway through the hole. I tried to grab him but he was too quick. I didn't know what to do. I tried to get him to come back but he wouldn't I was out there alone with Brody. I knew I couldn't carry Brody and run after Jack. I jumped over he mini fence and left Brody sitting there. I was hoping I could coax Jack back while still watching Brody. Well after that didn't work and Jack was about 8 units down I started frantically knocking on peoples doors. NO ONE WAS HOME! Jack by this time was down out of the neighborhood across the street at Shadow ridge. I was freaking out crying trying to decide Do I leave my baby where I can't see him, do I go back and grab the baby and let the dog run away? I couldn't figure it out. I decided to try one last door. One of my young women live in my neighborhood. She wasn't home but her mom was. I have never met her mom but in my frantic cry I asked her to go watch Brody and she did. I ran after Jack he had come back across the main street and started coming back to the neighborhood. He saw me and bolted back. He ran along 1200W until he got to 1600N. I thought he was going to run across the street. He turned up the street back towards the other entrance and came back into the neighborhood. He was in my neighbor Illiana's yard so I rang her doorbell he kept running and luckily she was home and came out. Jack has this thing for strangers. He loves them. She yelled his name and he came running back up to her and she picked him right up. Ugh I think I should amputate his legs so he can't run away from me again. I thought of posting a picture and found this one and thought it was so sad I feel bad for making a joke about it now :( There was an error I will post the picture later

10 comments:

Stacy said...

That would have been pretty funny to watch you run after Jack! Hee Hee! I am sure you didn't think it was so funny! I vote to not amputate his legs! Casey and Chelsea used shock collars to train their dogs before they gave them away. maybe you could try that.

Courtney said...

and that is why i dont have a dog anymore!:)

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Nah, don't amputate the legs! who knows. Good thing you got Jack back to where he belongs. Keep the updates coming.

Lacy said...

I am sorry about your story. I know how that feeling is of frantic worry that Jack is going to run away/get run over and the anger that accompanies the run away episodes so much that you want to drop kick him. Oh how we love jack. Miss you!

Becky said...

Oh Janelle I can picture that whole thing going down. Glad it all worked out though.

Ashley C said...

Hey, Paige's clogged duct was a lot worse on one eye than the other, but it would come and go. Sometimes I thought it got better and then it would get teary and goopy again. I was sad that she had to get surgery, but it just wouldn't get better on its own. The doctor said oftentimes you can "unclog" it if you massage it everyday, but it didn't work for her. I hope Brody's gets better without surgery. People always ask if Paige has been crying and I'm like "Nope, she has a clogged tear duct! Thanks for noticing!!" Just kidding.

Unknown said...

oh my sweet mercy!!! I am so sorry! That dog is crazy

Crystal said...

Hey Janelle, I just found your blog off of the Copple's. Anyways, Lubbock sounds a lot like your Jack, except he doesn't come to strangers either, I just have to trust that eventually he'll come home. I have a cool dog training thing called Pet Agree, its a blue box that you push a button and it makes a high pitch noise that he hates and it makes him stop whatever he's doing and comes and sits in between my legs. Good luck, and your baby is adorable.

Sarah said...

I would have freaked out!!!!

Jon and Katie Gardner said...

Our dog Kobe runs away from us all the time! It's so annoying! Keiko did it once too. She ran out our front door and we had no idea until a lady rang our doorbell and had Keiko in her arms! We are so lucky she was there! Ha ha so I can kind of relate except for the baby part. That must have made things way more stressful!