My dear friend Lacy was nice enough to let me borrow her bike and baby carrier. I needed a bike for my young women's activity tonight. I thought it would be fun to take Brody and Jack out this morning after Jack had his shots. We started at Boarders in Provo and road about 3 or 4 miles. It was a lot of fun. Brody really enjoyed it except sharing the cab with Jack. He was getting so excited and trying to get out. I had tethered him in to the carrier. The only problem was he was still able to get to Brody and step on him. After Brody decided he couldn't handle it any more I tethered jack in the back portion of the carrier. a minute later someone was honking at me... Apparently Jack had slipped out of the back and I was dragging him on his hind legs. He was tethered in so high hat was the only thing that was touching the ground. We fixed that and fastened the back shut. We finished our ride and Brody was ready for a nap. Tonight I went on another bike ride with two of the girls in my young women's class. It was a lot of fun. I definitely was feeling the pain in my butt from the seat by this point. I kept up with the girls but boy was it a work out. I haven't ridden a real bike for about 10 years. All in all I think I might want to get a bike and maybe next time leave jack at time
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Anyone for a bike ride?
Posted by Janelle at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am glad you were able to get out and ride your bike!
How fun!!! That's so funny about Jack in the seat!
I don't know why, but lately I have had the urge to go ride bikes and I never even used to like bike rides.
So funny about Jack...maybe he'll take that as his consequence for running away the other day :)
Bike riding is one of our family's favorite thing to do (if you haven't noticed the billion bikes in our garage). We haven't gone for a ride this year yet, at least as a family but reading your post made me want to go.
Jack is NUTS! That makes me laugh, but maybe I should be feeling sorry for him. Get a bike! We could go together with our kids! Although pulling a 45lber plus a baby is tough work. Since your so in shape maybe I'll throw Tyler in your trailer :)
That is so funny!!! Chaco would never cooperate with that. they need another play date.
Ha ha, that is a great little story. Poor Jack. It sounds like you had a pretty good workout!
Post a Comment