On Thursday morning Brody woke up with a temperature of about 102. I decided to take him to the doctor. The doctor wasn't too worried since he was acting normal his temperature had dropped to 99 he was acting happy and wasn't throwing up. We took it easy Thursday we hung out with my brother Joel and his wife Monica as well as friends Toni and Pete. We also took in a little of the freedom festival with some friends from our ward the Ferguson's. Brody slept on and off and was his normal happy self. After we had been home a while Brody's fever began to spike back up. I decided to keep him in our bed so I could keep watch over him. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. A queen is definitely only made for 2 not 3. Fourth of July was a little bit of a bust since he was sick. We hung around the house and watched a movie. We did take Brody over to Provo to watch the stadium of fire fireworks show from afar, he loved the show. Today Brody seemed to be doing a lot better he didn't have a temp this morning and was happy as can be. We decided to head to seven peaks to enjoy a little bit of sun. By the time we got back his fever had spiked back up to 104 (rectal which is about 103 in his mouth) Yes I said rectal and No I didn't enjoy it but the armpit isn't very accurate and the mouth is quite hard on a baby. Well needless to say we were off to the doctors real quick. Our doctors office is a group of 6 offices with multiple doctors at each office. They basically have their own urgent care there is a doctor on call at one office each day until 10pm and it's great because they have all of your chart info and their notes in their computer system. I was able to to see a different doctor in Provo and they had all of my information and were able to tell me his soar throat was getting better but his temp was definitely higher. Well They weren't sure what was wrong they checked him over and decided to check his urine so he got a catheter. Wow he's getting probed everywhere today. The urine test came back negative. They said since he wasn't acting sick that as long as his temp didn't go much higher it should go away and if It's still that high on Monday to come back for blood tests. Hopefully he will just get better I am going on 3 days of sharing a bed with Brody. Last night wasn't as bad since we have moved to the Guest bed and Brody and I are sharing a queen and Jeremy is sleeping by himself. I still don't like sharing a bed with Brody. I am a light sleeper and he wakes me up multiple times a night. I will keep everyone updated though.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hopefully brody get's better! will pray for him and all of you. I will also put his name on the temple prayer roll(S).
Well. You must live somewhere other than Carlsbad, NM. Claire had an ear temp of 104.8 and a bad rash when I took her to the ER. No catheter, just a throat swab which came back negative and they sent me home. She seems okay... but was a little worried about them not being very thorough.
Hope your little guy stays healthy.
lilli had a temp of 105.8 babies the doctor told me to give her tyleno and motrin both together at the same time it brings it down fater and quicker... sorry for you long nights i have been there! thats the hard part in being mommy daddy tires but the always want mommy! take care littl brodster! oh and buy your self and ear thermometer please!!!
Oh hun, I am so sorry! I wish I was there to help. Someday we will be home from vacations and settled in so we can hang out together! Please call me if you need anything! Poor boy!
Post a Comment