Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Washington... a little to much fun with my newphew

I've been in Washington for almost a week now. It has been so much fun. Jeremy and I came up because my 2nd Cousin and friend Karly was getting married. We also wanted to see my family, it was my Nephew Bryce's 4th Birthday, My sister Melissa's 20th Birthday, and we needed our teeth cleaned (my dad is a dentist). So we headed up here last Thursday. Jeremy had to leave on Sunday to get back to work but I have stayed a little longer. It's been quite fun. I think I may possibly be the worst "auntie Melly"as my nephew calls me (he has trouble with his N's... At one point he called me auntie smelly thanks to my sister) Well today while playing with my nephew we thought it would be fun to kick around the soccer ball. Well since the weather isn't great we thought we should play inside... I kicked the ball to him and he went to kick it back and instead kicked the fireplace. I then was hugging and kissing it better and fell over myself that got him to stop crying.... for a minute. We decided maybe we shouldn't play soccer anymore since his toe hurt so we decided to punch with the hulk gloves my little sister gave him for his birthday.
They are pretty much the coolest things ever. They are large soft gloves that make sounds when you hit things. Well we were playing and he was wearing the gloves and we were punch punch punching as he calls it. I think we were a little to into it because next thing I know his face was real close and I missed the glove and popped him in the chin! oops my bad. After that fun time with Aunt Nelly was over... He went to the store with my mom... I told her I would watch him but she said it was OK she would take him... go figure :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh that is fun you got to go home and play for a little while.

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! i always love reading your posts. your 2 funny and 2 cute!