Brody had his 6 month doctors visit yesterday. He is almost 21lbs. He is still a very LARGE baby so much so that a lot of people think he is 1 already. I am slightly worried people are going to start looking at him wondering why he can't crawl or walk. He is a pretty tall kid to at 28.5 inches. He is in the 91st percentile for weight 96th percentile for height and 97th for head. Now I know what you are all thinking. Dang he must have a large head. I know I was thinking the same thing but I swear it's proportional. I called my mom to tell her that his head had gone from the 75th percentile to the 97th and she then informed me that I had a big head (thanks Mom) but it's okay because our whole family has big heads. She then later told me that well not the whole family. She said when my older sister and brother were younger and my dad was in dental School at the University of Washington my sister had an abnormally small head and my brother had an abnormally large head (her words not mine don't kill the messenger Mel and Joel) and that the doctor they saw at the UW would always call them in on a regular basis, aside from their well checks, to measure their heads and show med school students. She thinks as part of some study. I didn't feel as bad after that. Anyways Brody is taking in some extra sleep after having his shots and I am enjoying the time to blog and clean. I swear I never stop cleaning and doing laundry. Jeremy used to help me do laundry when we both worked so now that I stay at home I told him I would do it all and some how it has seemed to quadruple in size it feels like.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
wow i think he might have passed kate up in length and almost in weight! at her 1 year appointment she was 21 lbs. and almost 28 inches! crazy how kids are all so different. my nephew thats a month younger might give brody a run for his money though. he is about 21 lbs as well. your story about melanie and joel's heads cracked me up.
Wow he is a big boy! He is taller then Chloe and weighs the same as her. Like your blog layout, that was my first choice :) but wanted something summer-ish.
Even if he is bigger I still think he looks perfectly darling!! I miss him!
I am sure all is well! Brody is a very beautiful baby! yes, i miss my little cousin brody! hopefully will get to see him this august at the family reunion.
I know what you mean about cleaning non stop. I swear, I clean and clean and clean. It is crazy. I never get caught up either. It is nuts. I think Brody is the perfect size. He is just SO cute. We really need to get a picture of him and Amber together. So funny.
Wow! he is almost as heavy as Drew...but who isn't my cute little toothpick!
Post a Comment