Monday, June 2, 2008

I hate US Airways

So a little background. Jeremy and I are going to Mexico with my family in August and taking Brody. I book our flights in the end of April. I tried to book Brody's "lap ticket" then as well but they wouldn't let me because his passport hadn't arrived. Mind you I am a little bugged because I am paying US airways almost $100.00 so that my child can sit on my lap... talk about messed up. Anyways I confirmed with the reservation chick that the price would be the same no matter when I added him. She confirmed and told me I could even add him at the airport. I called today to add Brody because his passport finally arrived to find out that the chick was wrong... not only could I have added brody back in april but they now are going to charge me $221.00. I wasn't going to get an extra bag to take for paying this infact I can only take 1 bag unless I was to pay $25.00 each way. Since the middle of may they are now charging more taxes plus lap children have to pay 10% of the fair.... Seriously stupid. I tried to reason with the person they sent me to a superviser who was NOT HELPFUL and all she could tell me was that it was going to be $221.00 so today and forever I HATE US AIRWAYS they are so retarded. By this point I don't think the lady liked me (sorry carrian I know you have to deal with people like me :( and you are smart and you don't work for US airways so I still love you... Any ideas how to get them to only charge me $100 ?)I didn't really care if the lady liked me atleast I could get $121.00 worth of yelling. Also, the lady had the gall to tell me that technically the woman was right because they needed the name to be the same as on the passport... to which I responded " I would have told you the same name I would tell the passport people. It's not like I am going to change my baby's name!!!!!!!!!!!!!" some people are seriously STUPID!

4 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

WOW! Customer SERVICE in america is or has really "gone down the drain"! and it's pitiful! sorry and no offense to anyone who are good customer service reps and people. People just do not care about us as customer's all they care about is their bottom line, their profit and themselves etc.

So did you get everything straightened out? and what did the lady mean by the baby's name would have to be the same as it is on the passport? what is she talking about?

Stacy said...

Good thing you are a professional arguer, from all the collections at Atlas!

Unknown said...

EW that does suck!! I didn't know US charged for inf LAME!!!! What are the dates you are going so Cade can check with work? It's ok that you got mad, sometimes I feel for the cu and sometimes I still yell at other cu service agents for other companies because let's face it, sometimes it works!

Unknown said...

They charge for a lap child...so stupid. I have flown with my daughter 3 times(2 to mexico and 1 to alaska)and never paid a fee at all Alaska Air. I am one of Melanie and jonathons friends that loves to read your blog! I am not sure how to get them to change their minds. Isn't his little passport cute, when we got Alexis's it was the cutest picture!