Friday, June 20, 2008

Can I get a little help?

I am sitting on the couch Brody is sleeping and I don't want to do chores around the house so I decided maybe I should blog. I can't think of a good title but I have been thinking about this lately. Since having a baby and needing all the extra help when I am out and about I've realized something, Women don't like to help other women. Now you are probably wondering what I am talking about. I am often out and about and find myself in need of a little help... opening the door, getting a cart unstuck, grabbing something etc. Every time I have ever needed help and actually got some it was a man. I rarely if ever have a woman open the door for me caring my freaking huge 20lb baby in his carrier but today at the gym the male worker saw me lugging the baby and ran around the counter to come open the door for me. Now that is what I call service. He didn't even make me try to lift my arms full of stuff to show him my card he just said go on in. Last night I was at a BBQ and I was sitting down with Brody waiting for the burgers to finish cooking and for Jeremy to come back so I could get my burger and this guy walked up and asked if he could go grab the burger for me. What a nice guy. Seriously, we as women either have kids or have baby sat kids and know how hard it is... Why don't we ever offer to help another woman. We may have our kids with us but that doesn't mean that we can't help. So this is to all the men in the world who are so nice to help me. Even if I don't always need it I really appreciate it. I also appreciate you women who help me too. THANKS

4 comments:

Melanie Love said...

I just want you to know. I know how you feel and I've been there, however I am usually the one who see's the lady that needs help and helps her out. It's not that hard girls. Like today, a mom was getting dressed in the dressing room at the Y and her two little boys ran out of the dressing area and into the hallway. She got to the one, but by that time I had already grabbed the other one. I think that I only started noticing after I had Bryce.

Anonymous said...

totally agree! amen to the post!! I think we all as women need to help each other more instead of worrying about our own lives and what were doing. It really is not that hard ladies. We all know that we would like help if we needed it. So let's return the favor and help no matter what! for that matter.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha I love your post. That is great. I am glad that those men were nice enough to help you in your times of need.

Unknown said...

I try to always help because I swear no one does it for me! I think people can be selfish.