I found this saying on my cousins Kristina's blog (hope you don't mind I stole it) and I thought it was the perfect way to start what I had to say
"There are cycles of good and bad times, ups and downs, periods of joy and sadness, and times of plenty as well as scarcity. When our lives turn in an unanticipated and undesirable direction, sometimes we experience stress and anxiety. One of the challenges of this mortal experience is to not allow the stresses and strains of life to get the better of us—to endure the varied seasons of life while remaining positive, even optimistic. Perhaps when difficulties and challenges strike, we should have these hopeful words of Robert Browning etched in our minds: “The best is yet to be” (“Rabbi Ben Ezra,” in Charles W. Eliot, ed., The Harvard Classics, 50 vols. [1909–10], 42:1103). We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." (Elder L.Tom Perry, October 2008)
I'm not very good and sharing these kind of private things but I've decided that it's not something to be embarrassed about or hide. Yesterday Jeremy lost his job. I felt like it was something I needed to share because I feel like a lot of people we know are going through hard times right now in their own way. I'm not really sure what else to say I think this quote says it best. I'm not going to say "why me" or curse what happen because the honest truth is we weren't happy at his job and didn't plan on staying past the end of the year. Things have been crazy there lately. They are downsizing their sales team, even the top sales guy was put on probation. They are now calling it an improvement plan to sound nicer but basically if you have a bad month your done even if you've sold more than half the reps. I know it's weird, even though of course I cried about this, that I couldn't feel better about this. I know that there is something better out there for us and I know I will learn and grow from this experience. We will find a better job that doesn't stress Jeremy out as much.
I know of the few people I have talked to they have asked what they can do. Well here is what you can do. Keep us in your prayers and let us know if there is a job you think Jeremy would be perfect for. Even our Washington friends can help out because you know how much I want to move back to my home town. Other than that don't worry and don't pretend like there is a elephant in the room whenever you see me :).
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Short and Sweet or maybe not
Posted by Janelle at 8:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
I'm sorry...we love you.
I am so sorry to read this. Of course we will keep you in our prayers. We love you and hope and pray that the best is truly to come in your life. I know it is selfish but I hope that you stay in Utah. We love you!
I'm so so sorry. We will definately keep in our prayers. I know that looking for a job can be stressful and hard. Arnold and I went through that last year when he sold his business and was out of work for 6 months. I will keep my ears open for anything out there. Is it mainly sales he's interested in. Would he have any interest in media sales. Radio and TV are always hiring and I definately have connections there. Let me know.
I'm so sorry. I love you and hope that things get better. In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes open. The last thing I'd do is pretend there's an elephant in the room.
That is sad news! I am glad the quote was something you needed. I am positive that things will continue to get better. Elder Wirthlin's conference talk is also perfect to read when you're feeling down. We will keep you guys in our prayers!!!
I will for sure keep you in my prayers. My husband just got laid off about 3 weeks ago. I totally know what you are feeling. Just keep your head up!
Ugh. That is not fun. My husband's company is doing lay-offs too. It's a crazy time, but I think your positive attitude will definitely pay off and Jeremy will find a much better/happier place to work.
i'm so sorry. we'll keep you in our prayers. hopefully jeremy will find an awesome job and you will later look back at this as a blessing!
Sorry!!! I know how you feel when you said at first you cried but then you knew it would be okay. When Dale lost his job I cried but then I had this peace come over me and I knew everything would work itself out. We are so grateful for the knowledge and faith that we have of "you will have no trial you can't handle". Although it sucked and we still haven't "dug" ourselves out of the mess, we are so grateful for that trial. We learned so much, grew closer as a couple, and looking back we were so blessed, it could have been a lot worse.
Hang in there and if I hear of anything I will let you know!
You're in our prayers for sure because I know that is what got us through our time.
You are in my prayers...
Oh my stomach is in knots just thinking about it. I'm sorry. The unknown is always a little scary but I think sometimes the Lord forces us to change so we can be happier. I hope Jeremy will find something soon, and that it will be in Utah too! I'll ask Dave if he knows of anything. We'll be praying for you.
We love you guys!!! The times are crazy and we definately know how you guys feel. It is in these times that we are shaped, molded, and humbled so that we can be who our Heavenly Father wants us to be. The most important thing in life is the gospel and I have learned the hard way that practically everything I own can burn in a fire, my job can be taken away, ect. but nobody can take away my testimony of the gospel and my testimony of the knowledge that I have that there is a purpose and meaning to all things and there definately is a plan....You guys are in our thoughts and prayers for sure.
You guys aren't the only ones, Janelle. We're thinking of you.
We love you! you will be in our prayers. I agree with becky! i will now be praying that the best and the thing that is truly supposed to come to you will come. Does that make sense? so what kind of job is jeremy wanting and looking for? What can i do for you all? I also want you all to stay in Utah as well.
I will always be there for you. I love you and let me know what you need!
I'm sorry. I know how you feel about tough time (one of the main reasons we moved back to Washington was due to "tough times"). i love you!
Janelle, I am so sorry to hear this information. You will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. It doesn't make things easier, but I am so grateful to know the Lord understands what we do not comprehend. If I know of companies that are hiring, I will let you know for sure. I know that CareerBuilder.com and Monster.com are great places to post your resume. Please know we love you! :) Good luck!
I'm so glad you had called and like I have already said, we love you gys, we are praying for you and putting your name in the temple, and ANYTHING you need, let me know. I love Alma 23:12 I believe. You should read it
Dang...that sucks! He's awesome so there'll be something else out there for him!
I love you Janelle! You guys are awesome, and you already have a great perspective. I know from our experience through these hard times that Heavenly Father has a plan, and if we are faithful it will all work out... TAKE CARE and let me know what happens! I'll read your blog though too, so don't stress too much :) And they have HEAVY DUTY mattress bags at the Uhaul store too and CHEEP ones at WalMart :) (envelope section)
Post a Comment