Monday, November 10, 2008

If ye are prepared ye shall not fear


So Jeremy and I have decided to put our place up for rent. I know it's random but Jeremy is interviewing for a job in Washington tomorrow (it's a Utah based company). I feel like I need to prepare for all of our options. I have mixed feelings about moving. I would love to stay since I finally feel like we have an amazing group of friends but I also feel like this could be an amazing opportunity for us as well. My family lives in Washington and I would love to live by them. Also, my dad is opening up a second dental practice and I could work for him part time while my mom watches Brody. Also, we could live with my parent's for a year and figure out where in the world is best for our family long term. I know living with my parent's has never been something I really thought I would do. I love my family but let's be honest it's hard to live with someone when you are married. But I feel like there are a lot of things in life we don't want to do but with sacrifices comes blessings. And what a blessing it would be to be able to save save save. If there is one thing in this world I am grateful for it's the example of both Jeremy's and my parent's. They have taught us to save money for the bad times and not live outside of our means. As you always hear If ye are prepared ye shall not fear. I have been thinking about that a lot lately and I know that we have been very blessed in being able to prepare for the trials we are being put through and I know that is why I haven't really worried what is to come. For those of you that know me that is never the case. I worry weeks in advance for every little thing that needs to be done from guests coming to vacations. I swear I start like a week a head so that I don't stress myself out. With that said I will post a link later today to the blog I have made so if you know anyone who is looking for a place to rent it's $1300 and small pet's are negotiable. Thanks everyone and keep us in your prayers that the interview tomorrow will go well. If we got the job it would be such an amazing blessing for us.

5 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Ahhhhh!!! So many changes. I know that it will work out best for you guys, but I swear everyone is moving away from us!!! I really hope things work out for you. If you do move we'll miss you like crazy!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. As much as i would lovoe for you, Jeremy and Brody to stay here! i want you to do what you need to do for your family. We can continue to get to know eachother more and become closer as friends and family through email and visits to washington (if i ever come up and can come and visit- if i'm invited), or when you come visiting down here and that kind of thing and through blogs, email, pictures etc. isn't blogs, and email and technology great?!

Lorraine and Kelly said...

I would be so jealous if you moved to Wash, I was just thinking the other day that I feel like I'm the last one who hasn't moved back. And I want to so bad. But then I remembered that you haven't yet and now you might! Well I know everything will work out for you guys so good luck.

Holly and Matthew said...

AMEN sista! :) I agree... after the tribulation cometh the blessings. OH how we all wish we knew the facts of life right? :) Well, not all but some... :) We will keep you guys in our prayers tonight and I hope everything works out for the very very best! :) Please keep us updated! love you!!! I am convinced when we get to the other side, we will be amazed at how the Lord has micro-managed our lives and yet still allowed us our agency. What a blessing to know we have Heavenly Father who wants the very best for us. A Father who can see from beginning to the very end. :) Keep the faith... you are doing great! :)

JM Inc. said...

And aren't we all so thankful for the counsel of modern day prophets? I know many people are just breaking under the uncertainty of these times, but it really is such a blessing to have followed the counsel to stay out of debt, save for a rainy day, and store food for uncertain times. When we follow these counsels, it really does erase the fear of tomorrow and strengthen our faith and our resolve. Good for you guys and I'm sure whatever happens, good things are in store for you for your obedience.