Sunday, November 9, 2008

Farewell to my partner in crime


As a lot of you know I have had my car up for sale for what seems like forever (I am pretty sure since before summer) I've had some interest here and there but with the economy and gas prices that were above $4.00 it seems like people didn't want a luxury suv. Monday Jeremy lost his job and Tuesday I got a call about my car. They are very interested and wanted to come down to see the car. They live in Layton so they wanted to come down on Saturday. Unfortunately we were going to be in St. George for the weekend so it wasn't going to work. On Saturday I got a call from the woman's husband to negotiate the price. We negotiated a price they plan to just come look over it and make sure there aren't any problems with it and plan to have the payment taken care of on Thursday. They are already approved for the loan (the banks are closed Tuesday and it takes about 24 hour for the payment to go through the bank) So it looks like my car is pretty much sold. It's great timing since this means I don't have to purchase a new car until Jeremy gets a job which will be nice to save that money each month. I guess it's bitter sweat I've been wanting to sell it to get something else (I am horrible like that. This has been my 4th car since I turned 16) So for now I just get to window shop and decide what I want. It will be good though since it took me over a month to actually pick this one. I am pretty picky about my cars I test drove 9 cars before deciding on my car. So if anyone is looking for an SUV and needs some ideas come pick my brain I can tell you all about SUV's cheap to expensive.

3 comments:

JM Inc. said...

What a HUGE blessing to sell your car while waiting for Jeremy to get a new job...the Lord is really looking out for you guys. I would feel so relieved. As for the job, you guys aren't the only ones in this boat. Everyone is uncertain about the future and job security so it's definitely not something to be ashamed of. We'll pray for you guys...in the meantime all you can do is keep the commandments and trust in the Lord. I would suggest sending his resume to Jonathan for Pfizer sales, but Pfizer is on a hiring freeze and we're expecting something of a "reorganization/layoff" near the 1st of the year, so everything is in limbo here too. Who knows what will happen...they usually don't give much warning or hint at anything until the wheels are already rolling, and then the action is swift and decisive. If all else fails, you can break your lease and move in with the 'rents while Jeremy job hunts. It's not like it's never been done before, has nothing to do with dignity, but everything to do with reality. The last thing you want to do is sink yourselves in a hole of debt.

Melanie Love said...

Congrats! What a relief! Having only one car isn't the funnest thing in the world, but that's okay, that also means you'll be saving money on gas too.

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Congratulations on your hopeful and potential sell of your car. Yes, What a blessing! hopefully it works out. I know our heavenly father is looking out for you! he will continue to bless and take care of you and your family. And without going on and on- Just hang in there and jeremy as well. Something will work out! heavenly father isn't going to leave you or keep you in your situation for a long time or indefinately! just folow the commandments (continue to do so) and pray and everything as we all are for you and everything will be fine!