Sunday, January 27, 2008

Who will win?

This past week Jeremy and I decided we were going to have a friendly competition to see who could lose 20 lbs first. I am really excited. Having a baby does a number on your body and while I don't have 20lbs to lose from that I would love to look better than when I got pregnant. I have been going to the gym around 6:30am this past week and I am looking forward to getting back into my normal gym routine. I miss my gym friends as well as I am so much more productive when I work out. I am guessing it is because I am out of bed before 10am.

Enough with the competition though.... This week has been especially good. The stress of having a new baby is finally wearing off and it is so much fun! I can't believe how much Brody has grown up over the past five weeks. It's crazy to think it fees like yesterday that I was in the hospital giving birth and now he is getting so big. I think it's the formula! Yes, unfortunately he is on formula. I tried but I didn't produce enough and after 2 weeks of feeding, then giving him formula and then pumping I decided the 1+hour ordeal every two hours wasn't working. As much as I would love not having my baby on formula it was put him strictly on formula or my sanity and you can obviously guess what I chose. It's been really good though. It's given Jeremy more quality time with the baby and both of us a lot more sleep. both of us would get up twice a night with the baby. If Jeremy didn't get up I would take me over an hour to feed the baby and get him back to bed. Once we got the hang of it we could feed him, bottle him, change him and pump all in about 45 minutes. Either way it's nice to only have to get up for about 25 minutes once a night. Brody sleeps between 6 and 8 hours during the night now. Jeremy usually gives him his last feeding for me so I can go to bed. If I am lucky I can get about 7 or 8 hours of sleep before I get up with the baby and then head off to the gym. I give props to all of the moms out their who breast feed their baby's I think it's wonderful I don't know how you do it. The lack of sleep and not being able to go anywhere was rough for the 5 weeks I did it.

Well it's time to get to bed I have an early morning a the gym. I need to kick things into gear if I am going to beat Jeremy. I better there is money on this and I need new clothes!Lacy and Brody

4 comments:

Lorraine and Kelly said...

I know you feel a lot better and feel like the baby is so grown up but you really do still need to relax. Don't over do it, I'm serious. You still need to take it easy for atleast a few more weeks. Think about it, it took your body 9 months to be pregnant and gain that weight so technically you have that long to recooperate. It's a medical fact, just trying to help.

smeltzer family said...

I couldn't breastfeed either. Noah wouldn't latch and he started losing a lot of weight. A lot of people gave me a hard time about it, but it was my decision and I am happy I made it.
good for you to want to lose weight, just be careful. it will come off slowly as well. I am just losing the rest of my water weight and noah is 8 months old! You look great so don't beat yourself up too much :)

Ashley C said...

You are so lucky! Paige still doesn't sleep 6-8 hrs straight! Grrr!!!!

Anonymous said...

He is soooo cute!!! (This is April Wood by the way). I had the same problem with both of my kids (breastfeeding) and at first you feel bad but once you get that first nights sleep and your baby is much happier you're ok with the whole bottle thing. Good luck with the bet, I know what it's like to want to get back to where you were before the baby!!!