Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year

As a new year begins I always feel the need to reflect upon the past and plan for the future. I don't love resolutions since let's be honest we all resolve to do things that 30 days later we have all stopped doing. However, I still feel the urge to set realistic goals for myself. I hope that by publicly declaring these goals that I will try a little harder to accomplish these things.

As I reflected back upon this year I thought about all the things I had done and learned. I realized however there are quite a few more things I need to learn and probably even more things I could be doing. As much as I hate it and hate even more to admit it I get so caught up in my own life I miss out on so many opportunities to make new friends, become better friends with those I know and most of all serve those I know and don't know very well. We all do it. We get comfortable with the friends we have or the busy schedules and forget about what matters most, serving our friends and those in need.

So this year I am declaring (not resolving) to be a better friend to those friends I have, get to really know more people, and most of all not let my so called busy life get in the way of serving others. I resolve to be the person you can count on for anything, the one person (friend or not) you know you can call who will drop whatever they have going on to help you. So please if you are reading this know that BFF or acquaintance even if you are blog stalking me and we don't really know each other you can count on my if you need something.

of course I also have the normal new years resolutions as well....
Be a better wife
become a better cook
go to bed on time
be more tolerant when Brody isn't being the best baby
be a better house keeper
stop being so critical
love other unconditionally

and the list goes on and on.....

3 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

really good declarations, resolutions and goals! i know you will succeed.

KACI JOHNSON said...

Janelle you have a great declaration/resolution for the year 2009. I want to do the same. So with that said we should go to lunch sometime and officially meet each other?!

Unknown said...

I second that all. I know we already talked on the phone, so you know I think you are wonderful and how I feel about serving and being a true frined. You are wonderful!