Jeremy and I started a 60 day challenge on the 14th to not eat treats for 60 days. Since December I swear I have been having treats each day usually multiple times a day. I love my treats but I hate how yucky I feel after eating them. The sugar high is nice but the headaches and sickness I feel stink. So in order to get off the treats Jeremy and I are going to be treat free for 60 days. We of course are making 2 exceptions 1 being my best friends wedding this Thursday and 2 Jeremy's birthday AKA valentines day. I've gone 3+ months before without treats (while I was on a 2 week cruise) and while the first two weeks are a little rough all you want to do is eat treats after that the cravings went away for me. You don't realize how horrible sugar can make you feel until you go with out it for a while then have some and realize how sick you feel. I am really excited and things are going well. This is not a diet tactic or a way to loose weight I don't believe in cutting foods out to loose weight. This is more a detox for me. I am addicted to treats and treats are fine in moderation but somewhere I lost that moderation between the homemade cookies, ice cream, brownies and much more. So for now I will break the addiction then work on the moderation.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yeah i am a treat every night person, i have been trying the same thing! its hard! good luck!
Good Luck! i hope u reach ur goal!
You are amazing. We are pretty tight about sweets only once a week, but I 100% agree about feeling gross on sugar. Cade used to not eat any sugar at all. EVER. Crazy huh? See you thurs!
Post a Comment