I woke up this morning to start another week as a jobless family. Feeling a little down about that I threw myself into the day. On my way to the gym I ran into a friend from our old ward. She was dropping off a late Christmas gift. It was a gratitude Journal. Just what I needed. I know I have so many things to be grateful for but sometimes I just forget how great life really is. People always ask how things are going and my usual response is a peppy "just having fun hanging out" I am sure people must think I am being fake or lying but really some of these days have been the best of my life. I have so much to be grateful for. I get to spend so much time being with my amazing husband, serving each other and learning even more about him. We get to play with Brody all day (ok not all day Jeremy spends a good portion of the day in the office looking for a job, but we interrupt him a lot) I love that Brody gets to wake up to Jeremy and I, that they play and have fun together. They bond over their morning breakfast of banana's and oatmeal or their grilled chicken sandwiches they share at lunch some days. Not many kids get to share lunch time with their dads. We've also been able to spend more time with Jeremy's Family we've been down to St. George twice! We've also been able to build stronger relationships with our friends and neighbors. So really if you ask me and I say "just having fun hanging out" I am being honest we are having fun hanging out. Hopefully you all know me well enough to know If I am having a hard time I'd tell you. Having an income would be nice but these are priceless opportunities we are so grateful to be able to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You are so sweet, I needed a little inspiration on gratitude, Thank you. it was fun seeing you guys last night, love your blog!
It was good to see you at the gym this morning. I need to be more like you. I wish I didn't complain so much about my 12 year old 6th graders, I really do love them. Thank you for our talk. Love you and I hope to see more of you!
You are so great, Janelle! You've never had a problem knowing what is right and how to be happy. Our family was in that situation right after Cora was born and thus the move out of St. George, it was very hard. And it's still hard even with us both working right now. Just know you are not the only one struggling but we are here on this earth to learn these things. I love you and am sorry we don't get around to seeing eachother more.
Come to Golds Gym.... oh anyway, yes, gratitude just feels good. Every week each member of my family thinks of one thing they are grateful for all week and posts it on the family website on Thursday. It feels so good and helps us remember what is important and how blessed we really are. I should get a journal for cade and I... hmmm good family home evening.
You are so adorable and sweet! i just know that Jeremy will find a job soon. All will be well! We love you and miss u!
Hey I love love love your post!! You are great!! As I was reading I had a thought to let you know that Jay's work is hiring and it sounds like it might be what Jeremy was kinda doin before. The company is bloosky and they are great and have great benefits. Let me know if you want some more info.
Post a Comment