Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some great savings and free designer stuff!

So we were told in November that we needed new tires on our car unfortunately the thought of spending between $1000 $1200.00 on tires when you don't have a job makes you sick! Today I went to fill up one of the tires and noticed all 4 of them are cracking around the tire wall. Apparently that's not so good as well as being pretty much bald I decided it was time to suck it up and get new tires. I of course decided to call around to see prices on tires. I called costco and found out it would be $1157 out the door. I called Discount and was told 964 Hey that's $200 less that's great. The nice man also told me that I could save money by buying a narrower tire. I was a little concerned about this but he told me It was no problem to buy a narrower tire and guess what it would only be $687 plus I'd get a $20 rebate. I decided to check back with costco and lesschwab on their prices and to get their opinion. I had to ask about the smaller tires they didn't tell me it was an option and they still were at least $200 more out the door. So what did I learn today. Check around it can save you a ton of money! I saved 490.00 well worth my 30 minutes spent. Now I am not so sick about buying new tires.

Yesterday was also a great day of saving! I was going to meet a friend at the riverwoods and I was a little early so Brody and I decided to walk around. We decided to go into Ann Taylor and to my surprise they are shutting the riverwoods store. Their loss was my gain. I found a super cute top originally 79.99 for...... you read this right 7.50 with tax. Yes I got more than 90% off. I definitely couldn't pass that up I am pretty sure that is my best savings other than my amazing free stuff I got a Nordstrom and Macy's.

Yes that's right apparently some department got a class action law suit for selling things above market value (what a shocker :) ) So until they run out they are giving away cosmetics, lotions, perfumes, body wash etc. They are full size and awesome brands. I got a ralph lauren body wash, Channel lotion, and Este Lauder Mascara. and Jeremy got some really awesome body wash too but I can't remember the brand. We each got one at Nordstrom and Macey's I am pretty sure I walked away with about $100 worth of product just by signing my name. So go check it out. It started yesterday so they may still have stuff the line looks long but it's super quick It took me about 5 minutes for about 100 people. Thanks for the head's up carrian!

Oh I was also told that Sears in AF/Pg is going out of business and they have some awesome stuff. I am not a sears shopper usually but I hear they have even laundry detergent and other day to day house hold items so I am going to try and get over there.

6 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Suonds like you got some really cool stuff and real good bargains.

whit said...

You should go to VEGAS!!! you are on one!! I went to Nordstrom to and I only got face moisturizer they were out of the good stuff. And we need tires so thanks for the info!

Bethany said...

I'm not a Sears shopper either but we stopped by and they had cosmetics for 50% off and bed rails for toddlers for 40% off. Great time to stock up on toothbrushes and lotions, etc!

Unknown said...

We secretly hate sears too. Haha But seriously when we saw the sign we decided to check it out. My friend got toilet paper and paper towels for like a year for like 11 and 9 dollars. Way good

The Bucks said...

You always find THE best deals!!

Sarah said...

Awesome deals! And I'll have to remember to shop around when it comes to tires. I probably would have just assumed costco would be the best.