Saturday, December 20, 2008

Some good news some bad and some ugly

let's start with the good news (well to most) We are staying in Utah. We decide we are staying in Utah (unless we find a job somewhere else). Also, Brody turns one today well Sunday but it's 12:05 so it's Sunday. With that comes the bad news. I decided to make Brody a yummy white chocolate 3 layer cake with raspberry filling and white chocolate frosting while doing this I managed to burn my finger on the dish washer. Yeah the dish washing don't ask I am still upset about it. Then there is the ugly. This is my first cake that I am making that doesn't consist of a box. I know a tall order to fill for such an important event. But none the less I was/am determined. My friend Carrian was nice enough to come help me with this. Unfortunately, she had to leave while the cakes were in the oven and I managed to cause the center of the cake to cave in when I took it out of the oven. So, all three of the cake layers caved in. I sent Jeremy off the Albertsons to get more eggs and began again. Well it's midnight and since I don't want to be up all night and I can't remove the cake from the pan for a few hours nor can I leave the last of the batter to make the 3rd layer out all night I just sent Jeremy to Walmart to get another 9" round pan. So I have hope that this cake will make it through. And if not well I think I may give up on cooking forever! wish me luck.

7 comments:

JM Inc. said...

Don't give up...it gets more fun as you spend more time doing it. I find it therapeutic actually...as long as the kids aren't screaming and pulling on my pant legs while I'm stirring three pots at once!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Yes do not give up! your such a good mom! i look forward to seeing pictures of the cake and the birthday boy! if u take any. We love you all! so where in Utah are you going to be living? r u going to be in Orem still?

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

btw we got your christmas card yesterday! so nice and awesome.

Iliana said...

Yea, your staying! And you dork, you coulda called me for the 9 inch round pan even if it was midnight. Hope it turned out!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

You could've called me too! I'm up way late. I hope it turned out okay! Happy Birthday Brody! I'm so happy you are staying. Maybe I can see you more?

Anonymous said...

Good luck. It is going to be great!

Ryan and Laura said...

Hey Janelle! I know I haven't commented in forever but I wanted to say, GOOD LUCK, with the big birthday ( and remember that they won't remember a thing ) and I wanted to ask what you've been feeding your little man trying to eat clean with him too. Is the clean eating expensive? Do you shop anywhere special? It sounds motivating- but time consuming. Feel free to email me if you don't want to leave a big old comment like I just did :) thecrooksfamily@gmail.com
Merry Christmas!