I started watching the biggest loser about a month ago when I noticed Jeremy was DVRing it. Wow I totally love it. It is such an inspiring show! I have had a lot of people comment lately that I have lost quite a bit of weight and yes you are right 55lbs and counting. So many people have asked what I'm doing. Let me in on my many secrets.
I love to sleep I sleep a minimum of 8 hours a night (usually 9) I love the eat clean diet (eatcleandiet.com) and I love to work out. I know what you are thinking great another fad diet. But it's not a diet! It's a way of life. You always hear diet used in a negative way where you cut your calories, stop eating, eliminate one food group etc. This is not that. I love clean eating because it encourages you to eat 6 smaller meals a day so I actually end up eating more food than I normally would. I know that sounds crazy but it's true. It's all about eating healthier foods that aren't processed and refined. What I love most about it is I don't count my calories or write down what i eat or any of the silly things you couldn't do for the rest of your life. You eat whole grains, fruits and vegetables, Healthy fats (olive oil, sunflower oil, etc) and much more. I could go on and on about how much I love it but you could just read the book yourself. You can buy it for a few dollars on half.com and it's well worth the money. There is also a work out book, recipe book and a eating clean family and kids book. Even if you decide that eating clean isn't for you I think anyone can learn something that will help them become a healthier person. The work out book is awesome for both beginners up to advanced. I personally felt I knew quite a bit about working out since I had a personally trainer at one point and I've been working out consistently for 4 years. This book taught me so many different things it's completely changed how I work out. I can honestly say and those who have know me growing up will agree at 24 after having 1 kid I am in the best shape and health of my life (even better than when I had a personal trainer)
For me it's not about the pounds I lose it's about being healthy for me and my family. Of course it's nice to fit into smaller jeans or see the numbers drop on the scale but If it was all about the numbers I would have quite a long time ago. There are weeks I don't' lose weight and there are weeks I do. What it is about for me is being happy with where . A number on the scale won't determine my happiness. If you think losing 5lbs will make you happy as soon as you get to those 5 lbs you will realize it didn't and then think if I just get to this weight I will be happy. That's not how it works so be happy with who you are and that a number on the scale is only a number.
My challenge for the new year to everyone is to be the healthiest you can be whether that means eating better, working out more, or sleeping more. I also encourage everyone to be a better example to their kids(if they have any). In this day and age when fast food is on every corner, 1 year old kids are eating happy meals and life is so crazy it's easy to let healthy habits slip out the door. I encourage everyone to work harder to take the time to prepare healthy meals, teach your children about healthy eating and exercise and set the example by following what you preach.
Ok I'm getting down off my high horse to go to bed now :)
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
The biggest loser
Posted by Janelle at 8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
awesome post janelle! you've seriously inspired my new year's resolution! and p.s. i love your blog background and your family pic...sooo cute!
What a awesome and inspiring post! thanks for the challenge.
Love the post!!! We loved watching this season adn can't wait for the next!!!
GREAT JOB JANELLE! I also love the topic of health. :)Six small meals is wonderful! :) GREAT way to keep your metabolism healthy, and steady. :) GREAT WORK GIRL! Keep it up! :) :)
You look awesome. I can't wait to try your ideas. I am sad we didn't get to see you while you are here. Are you still here?:) BTW, I suck at being a single mom too. I hate it when Darren is out of town and with his broken foot, I feel like a single mom. Thank goodness for awesome husbands who pull their weight!
Post a Comment