Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm back

We've been back for a few days now but this is the first time I've had to sit down and blog. Our trip to Cabo was amazing. Brody slept basically from nose up to nose down on all 4 flights even though he is currently teething (he has 2 that have finally come through and his top 2 are on their way) We were so lucky I was seriously so nervous about taking him on a flight and having him scream (I apparently did when I was little and people came up to mom and said they couldn't believe she would bring me on the flight... My bad)
Brody was able to sit in his own seat and we both loved that. He got to sleep and I got to relax and stay drool and baby sweat free
Unfortunately our camera screen broke so I don't have a ton of pictures. We got there Monday and just hung out with the family. We did a lot of laying out during the week followed up with some pool and beach time. My nephew Bryce loved going swimming and pushing Brody down to the poolWe visited the spa a few times for a little R&R. I got a Swedish massage which I believe was the highlight of my life. It was amazing I've had a lot of massages but not at a spa. Wow it was great. We also enjoyed the Swedish showers, sauna cold pool and hot tub a few days. It was great to relax with my sister Melanie, sister in law Monica and her mom Karen. Unfortunate for my sister Melissa she didn't want to go but fortunate for me she watched Brody while I went. He was sleeping but apparently woke up right as I left. Thanks Missy it was some much needed relaxation. Brody also got to have his first experience with the ocean. He didn't love it unfortunately. He was a little nervous of the sand and once he finally got used to it he stuck his hand covered in sand in his mouth and it was over he cried and cried.luckily he did enjoy the pool for the most part. The last night we were there Jeremy and I went out to dinner. We took a picture before we left with our broken camera. It still takes pictures you just can't see what you are taking a picture of and I was too embarrassed to ask our waiter to take a picture and try and explain to him how to do it with my broken camera. I know there aren't a ton of great pictures but you are looking at most of the pictures I have from the trip I took a few others on my dad's camera but forgot to download them so I will have to wait to receive those. Lucky for me though I ordered a new camera last night. I am so excited to get it :) it's the Cannon Rebel Xt if anyone knows anything about it let me know even if it's bad I bought it at Costco and can return it without a problem for 90 days.




4 comments:

Courtney said...

love the pics looks like you guys had alot of fun! how great the spa you pampered girl you!

Me and My Clan said...

I have the basic Canon Rebel, and I LOVE it! Canon usually makes pretty good cameras, so I'm sure it'll be great.

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Yes i also love the pictures -- i am excited for you and your new camera.. Happy picture taking!
i am going to try to sleep and go to bed as i am still recovering from my oral and dental surgery yesterday! got Dentures and the rest of my old and bad teeth removed. So i am going to try to sleep.

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures, but I am so sad we didn't get to go. Let's go on a trip! no, really.