Last night around 9:30 Jeremy started to fall asleep on the couch. I finally convinced him to go to bed and soon followed a few minutes later. When I arrived I found the lights on and Jeremy sprawling across the bed no covers which was no surprise. I got changed and hit the lights and hopped into bed. We said our prayers and after Jeremy made casual mention that his parents were coming back (they were visiting Norther Utah all last week) for conference this weekend and that they were going to stay with his sister again. Not worry much about it since it was Wednesday I fell to sleep without a care in the world. I woke up around 7 and started my day as normal... Got the baby read, headed to the gym, dropped Brody off with the child care and headed upstairs for a good long workout. I finished just before 10, grabbed Brody and headed out to the car. I noticed a missed call from my in-laws and a message. Avoiding my normal routine of "I'll check it later and call them back" I checked my messages. This is how the message went. Janelle just wanted to let you know we left St. George late so we wont be there at 11 we probably wont get there until about 12:30. After calling them and no answer I called Jeremy for clarification before I began to stress and drive like a maniac home from the gym. Jeremy's and my conversation went something like this
Janelle: Hey, when are your parent's coming into town
Jeremy: they are stopping by today at 11 why? (in a puzzled voice like I should know this)
Janelle: Uhh... Why didn't you tell me this (with a I can't believe you didn't tell me tone of voice)
Jeremy: Didn't I tell you?
Janelle: No you mentioned your parent's were coming for conference and staying with Becky but never mentioned that they were coming today nor that they were coming at 11:00
Jeremy: Oh sorry
Janelle: I have to go I still have put the baby down, clean and shower.
Moral of the story... Always ask for as many details as possible even if you think you are asking dumb questions you probably aren't and your husband probably wont tell you the important stuff unless you probe. Their minds are not as detail oriented as women.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Always ask a lot of questions
Posted by Janelle at 11:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
DJ hasn't ever pulled that on me, but he constantly forgets those few minor details. Good thing i still love him!!!
Scott did that to me a few weeks ago with my visiting teachers. Only there was a note on the front door. He grabbed it and read it to himself, then just said "it's a note from your visiting teachers" I was busy making dinner and didn't have time to read it, just figuring it said sorry we missed you or something like that. Then the next morning I was surprised when they were knocking at my door and my house was a mess. I was so mad! Men just don't understand! How retarded they can be sometimes!
Well i am sure everything will turn out fine! family is great! Hope you enjoy conference this weekend. Love to you all!
Loves, Heidi
AMEN!!! I have to probe Steven about things ALL the time! I know it annoys the crap out of him, but at least it gives me peace of mind. (:
Hi! I would like to book a room. We would like Nov 6-10 and preferably non smoking.
oh haha sorry I thought this was a hotel!! Just kidding! I swear you guys always have visitors!
Post a Comment