Friday, April 3, 2009

A few fun and funny things

First off I have to tell a funny yet sad story. Our wonderful neighbors the Anderson's invited us and our friends the Ferguson's over for a little BBQ tonight. We were all having fun hanging out and letting the boys play (we all have boys born within about a 6 or so month of each other) Steven was out cooking the burgers and came back in for a minute or two. When he went back outside he found the BBQ had some how blown down the driveway and tipped over spilling all the burgers across the street. It was pretty funny to be honest, however, I felt so bad as Melissa frantically tried to figure out what to do about dinner. We all decided to dismantle and go our separate ways. Thanks anyways Melissa and Steve for letting us come over and play :)

Other adventures....

I decided Thursday was going to be a mommy Brody day. It started off with a few hiccups with a last minute need to baby sit for a neighbor who was moving and needed some help with her boys so she could finish cleaning. After they left and Brody woke up from his nap we were off to the living planet aquarium in sandy. I was a little sad it wasn't as big as I hoped but Brody loved it. He loved that he was able to walk around (thanks Melissa for letting us borrow Cody's Backpack/leash) and touch everything.


He especially loved putting his hands in the touch tank and splash the water. He would get so excited when the fish would com near.




After the aquarium, on our way home, I got a text from our friends Cade and Carrian in need of a sitter so Brody and I stopped by to pick up our favorite Peyton! Brody loves playing with Peyton as you can see they were holding hands and dancing the whole way home from their house.

We went home and played for a while. While she was over she asked me for some fruit snacks. Unfortunately we don't really eat fruit snacks so I told her we didn't have any. She then responded in a very serious voice "you need to buy some they are on sale" I started laughing if you know her mom you know she is an amazing coupon sales shopper. That woman saves so much money. And I knew that fruit snacks really were on sale. It's crazy what your kids pick up :) haha it's even more funny that she knew they were on sale since they don't buy fruit snacks either.

Two long days glad they are over now I get to start conference weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaahaaha that's awesome! That picture is so cute. They really do play so well together. Thanks for watching her that night. You are such a lifesaver and I am glad we can always call if we need help.
AND, that's so so funny about the fruit snacks. I didn't know they were on sale because like you said we don't buy them. That kid is tricky! We got her a new dress yesterday and she showed me the receipt and said, "Mom look how much we saved!! It all free!!" She hears me say that all the time and totally just copied me!

Kellie said...

We were there that day too!