Friday, March 12, 2010

What a rough week!

Life has gotten pretty crazy over the past week! We got a call last Monday from my brother (our agent) letting us know when they went to underwrite the loan so we could close that they found the owner of the home had over $1 Million in judgments against him and thus there were leans on all of his assets. This makes a problem because even though the bank approved the sale all of the lien holders would have to approve receiving nothing from the sale. After a lot of hard work on my brothers part it was determined that it wasn't going to work to purchase the house. That causes problems for us since we've already moved in and done some unpacking. We were totally cautious and waited until the bank gave approval but still are now having to repack and moved out. We don't know what we are going to do. I have spent every day since 8+ hours a day looking for houses and then going to look at them. My poor brother... I'm pretty sure we are his worst client! I think he has taken us through 40 houses. Am I really that picky? The houses look good in the pictures and then we get there and find it's trashed or smells of dog urine or just sucks!

This may be one of the toughest times of my life. We felt like it was time to move. We were blessed to sell and move out of our house in 6 weeks from the time we listed. I guess now is the times of trial. There are so many houses out there but so few that aren't shortsales. We don't have the time to wait on a short sale really and I don't think I could handle it again.

That is my update. That we have no idea what we are going to do! Maybe next update I'll have something more upbeat to share so I don't sound so depressing!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

That really sucks! I'm so sorry to hear that your house didn't work out. DOn't feel like you're being picky, you're buying a house, that's a big deal! Hopefully you'll find one you really love soon! Can't wait to see what you find!!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

This really BITES! but, remember through times of trial things will get easier. So back to staying with and family and friends huh? I am so sorry. Let me know if and what we can do for you and your little family. Seriously if there is anything- let us know we want to help if we can and if you need anything.

Kellie said...

Oh man that stinks! Good Luck with everything

Lyss said...

Oh J I am so sorry. Your situation really and truly sucks!!!!! Please let me know if there is anything Jon and I can do to help....seriously DO NOT HESITATE to ask. Love you guys!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Janelle- I was talking to one of my friend's. Lindsay my sister in law her sister who lives in Eagle Mountain. She told me that there are alot of Short Sales that are real georgeous over by the Golf Course in the ranches. So maybe you, jeremy, and joel can check them out. Loves,

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

I think there are some over by where she lives and alot throughout Eagle Mountain. Just wanted to let you know! Want to let you know that i am looking out for you and your cute little family. Hope i did not overstep or anything.

Anonymous said...

Come back to the Aspen 9th ward while you're working things out. We've got a basement and a full house available for rent!

The Bucks said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this all girlie!! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for ya'll. I wish our place was empty we would just let ya'll stay there until it worked out.