Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kate Olivia Jensen is here

Kate Olivia Jensen joined our family Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 at 4:34pm. She weighed in at 7lbs 15 oz. 20.5 inches tall.

On Monday the 23rd I went to the doctors office for my 38 week appointment. He wanted to check me and we had planned to get induced August 30th (5 days before my due date) however, when I went in and he checked me I was already dilated to a 3. He didn't think I would last until the 30th. He gave me the option to get induced the next day or Wednesday.The house was clean and I felt pretty prepared so I opted for Tuesday. Monday night we finished preparing and Jeremy's parents came up to our house to stay with Brody. Tuesday morning we were up bright and early. We had to be at the Hospital at 6:30 so we had to leave around 6. Here is a picture taken in the morning before we left for the hospital. Once we were there they ran through all the questions and paper work and I was hooked up to the IV about 7:30. By 8am I had my epidural. I don't like pain so I opted for an early epidural and never felt a contraction... just the way I like it I did the same thing with Brody. By 10am I was only a 4 and by 2 or 3 I was only a 6. I was talking to my mom about 3:30 they were all on vacation and she was worried about leaving the room in case I called. I told her it would be at least 2 hours even if I was a 10 so to go have fun. Well all the sudden I was a 10 and they didn't even make me "rest and descend" Kate was ready to come out. I pushed for about 5 to 8 minutes (way shorter than the hour plus I pushed with Brody) and she was out. This is the only "right after birth" photo I'm posting. I think they look yucky until you get them bathed :) It was a very enjoyable pain free experience. I was happy and feeling great. Here is a picture after she was bathed
Brody came to visit a little while after Kate was born and he loved her!


I have to say this pregnancy had it's points that were worse than Brody's but overall I think the delivery was 10 times better. We had a nice relaxing stay at the hospital. Here is a picture the day we left the hospital.
Now we are home and enjoying Kate. Jeremy's parent's have been here the past few days helping out (Thanks so much) and my mom is coming in a few days for a week. We can't wait.

Kate is growing like crazy. I weighed her this morning and she is almost back to her birth weight. She really likes to eat :) She some how is on a pretty good schedule. I feed her right before I go to bed and she wakes up 2 times during the night to feed within minutes of the same time every night. She eats and goes right back to sleep. She is such a chill baby and a great sleeper as well. I have been lucky in this way with both Brody and Kate but then they hit toddler and it's a new story :)

I'll try and get more pictures taken of her and up soon.

10 comments:

Ashley C said...

I'm so happy for you. It sounds like everything went really smoothly. And that's awesome that it was pain free. :)

Stacy said...

oh she is so adorable! I am glad she is sleeping so well! My girls were the same way, twice a night, but I had the NICU to thank for getting them on such a good schedule.

Heidi gail walls said...

We are so happy for you all... The pictures are fun. Congrats! can't wait to come and meet her. Let us know when a good time would be. We love all of you! take care of yourself and that little baby and if you all need anything or any help or anything please don't hesitate. Also if you ever need a sitter don't hesitate i would totally come down.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your birth story is a dream! I'm so so jealous. She's a doll and so perfect. Congrats!

Gabby said...

Congratulations! She is so cute!

Natasha said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorable! (We have a 5 month old baby girl...named Kate...love the name!)

The Green's said...

I'm so jealous! I want a labor story like that. :) Congrats! You guys have such a cute family. I want to come visit. We are only like six hours from you and SLC is the cheapest closest airport to fly out of so if I go to WA through SLC we'll have to get together.

Monica said...

Let me just say you don't look that cute going to the hospital when you don't have a scheduled induction!!! haha She is so cute and we are so excited that she is a part of our family now!!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is you looked amazing when you left for the hospital. So done up. She is so beautiful, Congratulations.

Beth said...

She is so sweet, congrats!