Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jeremy's Fist Blog Post Ever

Does anyone still check this blog? This is Jeremy. It looks like a good time for my first blog post. Let me get you up to speed on what is going on with our lives (which are crazy right now!). So we are kind of moving in to our new house. We have wanted to move for a while and get into something a little bigger, with a yard. With our second kid on the way we felt that now was a good time. Things have been so awesome at work. I love my job; Mozy has been a great blessing for us. The path to get there was a little strange but we are very happy with where we are at. Low interest rates and house prices made it a good time to finally put our house up for sale.

We listed our house and had it under contract in about 3 weeks and closed and moved out 4 weeks after that (as I remember the dates). We had found a great house to move to and made an offer. We thought that this was going to be a super easy process. The house is a price-approved short sale. We offered a little above the bank approved price and thought it would move fast.

The owner accepted our offer and sent it to the bank for approval. While waiting for the bank to approve the offer, the bank’s approval at that price expired (they operate more like a government agency than a business). We are now looking at another 30-90 days before we can actually buy the house. The seller agreed to let us rent the house until we can close, so we kind of moved in on Friday. We moved out of our house two weeks ago. For the past two weeks Janelle and Brody have been staying with my parents in Mt Pleasant (big thanks Mom and Dad!). I have been bouncing around between my parents, Joel and Monica’s, and the Levers. Janelle and I also had a fun, quick trip to Las Vegas with my coworkers. Thanks to everyone who has let me stay, offered to let me stay, and helped with the move. It really means a lot to us.

This has been a hard time for the three of us. I miss my wife and son, they are so wonderful. I am so blessed to have them. The work, being unsettled and not knowing exactly where we will end up has been hard for Janelle during the first trimester. She has done an amazing job packing our house and figuring tons of stuff out over the past month. Thanks Janelle, I love you! Brody’s schedule is completely off and he hasn’t been sleeping like he used to. Although he loves spending time with his Grandmas and Grandpas so that has been a plus for him. As hard as it has been, I think these kinds of adventures are good for young married couples. We are learning and growing a lot.

So I am at the new house with just the basics I need. Janelle and Brody are up in Washington with her family for the next 10 days. We are not sure if we want to fully move in until we are a little more confident that we are actually going to get the house. Most of our stuff is packed in a storage unit. Other than my phone I have no Internet access or TV. The phone hardly counts, it is a dummed-down browser that is really only good for reading email and posting to Facebook. Last night I sat listening to the Jazz game on the radio and playing solitaire on Janelle’s computer. I am back in the early 90’s! I am bored to the point that I decided to write my first ever blog post in MS Word and then post it when I get somewhere with the Internet!

About the house, it is in The Ranches in Eagle Mountain. When I tell someone where we are moving I usually get a comment about how Eagle Mountain is “really out there…” This area has been known for traffic. I actually think it is a great time to move here. House prices are great and they have done some work on the roads that have shortened the time it takes to get here. The first time I drove here from work it took 17 minutes. With traffic it might be more like 20-25 minutes, and I can deal with that. There is a new highway from I-15 that will be completed in 2010 which will make it even faster. That is why they are doing all the construction on I-15 in American fork. We looked at a ton of houses (sorry Joel) and this one is a real winner. If any of you are looking to move, you should move out and be our neighbors!

As hard and crazy as the last month has been and then next month or two will be, I feel blessed and am happy. I have a wonderful family and friends that have gone out of their way to help at every step. During tough times I have a great job that I love. Things are good, but I miss Janelle and Brody! Thanks again to everyone that has helped during the last month.

Jeremy

5 comments:

Us said...

Jeremy, Great job for your first blog post. Blogs more or less tend to come from the female perspective but I must say it's nice to read what a guy/husband is thinking every once in a while, so thanks you for your words and thoughts! Hope the next month is less chaotic and more "family time" filled. Let us know if we can help out with anything (moving your stuff).

Kati

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Jeremy- What a post! that was and is real sweet and awesome. "Your a born blogger!" Something to add to your resume. HA! HA! HA! anyhow thanks for the update and we can't wait to hear more and that you are actually in your home. Keep us informed. Good Luck! we love you guys and we are cheering for you.

Loves, Heidi and Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Eric and all of us Richhart's!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!!!

Carolina said...

I also read your blog! Good to know you guys are doing well. Good luck with everything.
Carolina Beard

Kristina said...

Jeremy, thank you!! So nice to hear what is going on with you guys. We completely understand how painfully slow purchasing a home can be (especially right now). It is worth it though!

Hope Janelle enjoys a little break in WA and you get internet soon so you can continue to keep us updated :) Good luck!