Saturday, February 27, 2010

A BIG THANK YOU! and a few upates

I know it's been a while but I first need to start with a HUGE THANKS YOU.There have been so many people in our lives the last few months that have helped out through moving. We have greatly appreciated all of your help moving out of our house into the storage unit and now out of the storage unit and into our new house. There are so many friends to thank I will refrain from listing every single person because with my pregnancy brain I know I will forget at least one person. We also had great friends and family who opened their homes and allowed us to stay with them. We couldn't have done this without all of your help, and kindness. We also had friends and family who helped us pack and clean the house, watched brody for us and were there for us. I can't begin to explain how grateful we are for all of you. If you haven't realized I am a do it myself kind of person. I don't like asking others for help. I feel like I am a very capable person and it would be silly to ask someone to help me do something I can do. This pregnancy has been a large dose of Humility!! My first pregnancy was a pretty easy pregnancy I was never sick and I felt pretty good the whole pregnancy. This pregnancy has been polar opposite. I have been sick almost everyday all day long since a week before I found out I was pregnant. I've been sleeping from 8:30pm to 7am or later and usually taking at least an hour nap every day. It's been rough to say the least. All of this combined with an active 2 year old and a selling and moving within 6 weeks of deciding to put our house up for sale has been one of the hardest things I've experienced. I can't begin to describe how grateful I am for every ones help and support.

Now for a few updates.....
It's been a crazy time at the Jensen household. We have finally moved in to our new house. The bank has approved the short sale the paper work should be signed by the investor backing the loan sometime this coming week. They want to close by March 11th! We are really excited about this and can't wait to unpack our stuff. Yes we have been living in the house with all of our stuff in the garage and a minimal amount of things have been unpacked. We have unpacked a good portion of the kitchen so that we can cook. I can't tell you how nice it is to grocery shop and cook meals. We had been eating out so much and I hate it!!! In other news I'm just over 13 weeks pregnant which means I can find out in 3 weeks what we are having, sickness is getting a bit better and only comes here in there right now, and I am out of my first trimester and so happy!
We are also going to look for a new crib today. Our first crib was recalled around the time Brody went into a big boy bed. We received a voucher for a new crib of our choice up to what we originally paid. Now all we have to do is go pick it out.

Now since you read or skimmed through all of this. I have been dying to post some family pictures we had taken just before Christmas but I wasn't able to because they were presents for our parents. The with the move and no internet it's been on the back burner. Enjoy... I only have the first few on the disk because it started to download on the computer. There are quite a few more I want to post but the disk of pictures it packed so until I find it. Here is a sample. ENJOY!!
Giovanna Lou Photography by Stephanie Gardner






9 comments:

Lorraine and Kelly said...

Really cute family pics! I hope everything settles down for you a lot, you need to relax more with this new baby on the way. I didn't even recognize you at first, I'm still not used to your dark hair! Very cute!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I'm glad things are going so good! I'm excited to find out what you're having. We miss you guys around here! How sad, but I'm glad that your life is getting put back together and that you're closing on your house soon! Post pictures! I want to see what was so great that you had to move away! And finally, DARLING PICTURES! Wow! I feel like you just had Brody! I can't belive he is so big! He's so darling Janelle!

Sarah said...

oh my goodness, brody is so big! And you hair looks so cute dark. I wish I had the courage to go for it. I'm glad you're in your second trimester and feeling a little bit better and almost settled in your new house!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Wow! thanks for the updates. We are so excited for you and your little family, your new house, the new baby. It will be fun to have a new addition to the Jensen Family. I know Grandma and Grandpa Jensen are smiling down on you guys and are so proud of you and your family and are watching and looking out for you and your family and your new baby. Taking care of him or her until his or her arrival. If you ever need anything, ever need or want someone to watch brody or ANYTHING! Seriously email me/us or call us. We love you guys!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Great pictures!! Who took them?

Glad to hear y'all are finally in your new home. That is always exciting. And of course hope you start to feel better with the pregnancy:)

Steph said...

your family pictures are ADORABLE! You guys look great :)

Sarah said...

Such cute pics, i am glad you are getting settled, we miss you. I am excited for you to find out what you are having.

Unknown said...

Cute family pictures!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

oh my gosh, janelle. brody is sooo big! i haven't been here in ages and i feel like i'm in a time warp. he's adorable, too. i love his chin and his eyebrows. he's going to be a heartbreaker.