I recently read on a friends blog that she secretly thinks that when her friends begin to fall off the blogsphere for long periods of time they are secretly pregnant. I Would just like to tell that someone this lady is not secretly pregnant just lazy! I'd love to say that I've just been to busy to blog but I've just been too lazy. We've been kind of busy but nothing more than others. My Best Friend Courtney and her family came for a visit last week.We spent 6 blissful HOT days in my crowded house with 4 adults and 3 kids! It was so much fun. I didn't take a single picture but I will still tell you all about it. Brody had so much fun playing with lilly he cried when they left. We played, went out to eat at Chili's and Pizza factory, Spent some time in Park City at the outlets (sadly disappointing I came home empty handed... maybe next time I will find something I love), we played at the Lindon pool with the kids, laughed, ate, laughed and ate more! In the middle of their stay Jeremy, Brody and I headed to Hobble Creek Canyon for a 3 day 2 night camping family reunion. I can honestly say I've camped more in the last 3 months than I've ever camped in my life combined! It was a lot of fun to get to spend time with Jeremy's extended family. It was super cold at night though. Both mornings were around 45 degrees when we woke up. The first night Brody kicked off his sleeping bag and socks and woke up whimpering in the middle of the night because he was so cold. He slept in my mummy sack with me the rest of the night and we were both still cold. It's rated for -5 degrees but apparently I don't handle the ocld well. Lucky for us Jeremy's sister came up Saturday morning and was kind enough to stop at our house and grab extra warm clothes for us. The next night we slept well both Brody and 2 pairs of footed PJ's and a sweat shirt and I had 2 pairs of sweats and 2 sweat shirts on my self as well as Jack keeping my feet warm while he slept at the bottom of the sleeping bag. All in all the reunion was a great time to relax and enjoy each others company. I spent the next week decompressiong from so much excitement and non stop fun.
This week I am looking forward to some great rest and relaxation. I think my inlaws felt bad for me they could see how exhausted I was at the reunion so they offered to take Brody for a few days this week. Brody is going to their house today for 4 days 3 nights. It's the longest I've ever been away from him. I think they were worried I would say no when they asked they tried to play it down like it wasn't a very long time. I must be a bad mom because 3 days of sleeping in, doing what I want and hanging out with my husband sounded great. I needed no convincing. I looked forward to it from the day they suggested it. I've already planned all of the fun relaxing things I am going to do. So if I drop off the face of the planet until saturday you'll know why.
Sorry I don't have pictures! forgive me.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
some updates
Posted by Janelle at 11:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I must be a bad mom too because I would think I might have died and gone to heaven if someone offered to take my girls that long! But, truly, we are great moms!
Sounds fun.
Wish there was a way I could've see you and Court, oh well. It's hard I know.
Hey thanks for the update! it is always good to see you. Sorry if at times we (my mom and i) are or get overly excited about your blog and if we bug to much about it. If we do! anyhow it was good hearing from you. The reunion was fun wasn't it? can't wait to do it again next year. Hope to see you at the cousins and aunts and nieces christmas and holiday lunch this november or december.
Well darn...guess that you're one of the ones my theory doesn't work for, although I'll tell you it's been true a surprising number of times! Sounds like you've enjoyed a really great summer! It was fun to see you and meet Brody in GH; maybe next time our plans overlap we can make more significant plans...and as for the staycation your inlaws are giving you, that totally rocks! I don't know a single mom who wouldn't jump at the chance. We have to fill our "mommy tanks" so we still have something to give to all the people in our lives!
Sounds like you guys have been busy too! I bet a break from everything will be wonderful!
To answer your question about the props....the photographer had a huge closet full of props. The only thing I brought were the tutu's. She had tons of headbands, and hats for them to wear and all the baskets and blankets too.
Hey, I forgot to respond to your message. We were in california. Anyway, this weekend might go to be the crew for my bro in law for LOTOJA or go help our friends move and next week my girlfriend is coming in town to stay with us. September is kinda crazy, but in a few weeks things are slowing down!!
Post a Comment