Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2133 MILES and counting


This was brody after spilling milk all over his shirt during lunch. I was too lazy and it was too hot to get his clothes out of the back.... On to the real story


We took a long and amazing trip to washington just before the 4th of July and got back this past Saturday night. We started our trip off Wednesday around noon driving to Boise and staying the night with my Aunt. My Aunt Laurel was nice enough to make us dinner and let us stay with them to break up our 13 hour drive. We left at 5:30am and headed to Banks Lake to meet up with My best Friend Courtney, her husband and kids as well as Courtney's whole Family (minus her parent's... We missed you Rob and Bobbie) It was SOOO MUCH FUN. we camped just off Banks Lake in Eastern Washington. It was HOT and had Sandy Beaches what else could I ask for. We came "very prepared" as everyone said but we had everything we needed and everything everyone else needed. Next year we'll pack a little less but since it was my first time camping more than 1 night. Yes that's right I didn't grow up camping... It's my dads fault he didn't like camping and the only time I've ever been with him he slept in our conversion van with a bed and TV. We spent 4 days at Banks having the time of our lives. We took the boats out around 9am every morning not to return until 5 or 6 at night. We played on the beaches , Surfed, and knee boarded.

Somehow I didn't notice this crazy hair the whole day. It's in every picture!





Brody was in the water practically the whole time!


He loved playing with the kids especially lilly!


I think his 2nd favorite thing was ridding in the boat! He sure got good naps that way

We even took Brody knee boarding. HE LOVED IT! He loved playing in the water all day long and would cry when we tried to get him out. All he wanted to do was be in the water no matter what. Back at the camp Brody loved wandering around the camp site. While I found it quite annoying to follow the wonderer he loved every minute of it. He wondered from site to site visiting the local dogs. He made friends with a pit bull, mini pincher, bull dog and boxer. Ya those were the dogs that surrounded us. Lucky for us they were kid friendly dogs. (I definitly was worried even after asking the owners if they were kid friendly.) After 4 amazing days we drove 5 hours to my parent's house to surprise my mom for her Birthday. We arrived juts before they got home from church and were able to surprise my mom. Some people had slipped a few times (cough cough joel, melanie, dad, cough cough) so she thought we might be coming on Saturday for the 4th. When we didn't arrive she thought she was going crazy and was a little sad. When she came home and found Brody playing in the family room she was so excited. The next week we spent at my parent's house went by too quick. Jeremy left Monday for Vegas for a business trip. Mean while Tuesday I got braces Yes that's right I've had braces before and I got them again. I can't wait to have even more perfect teeth! Tuesday afternoon the whole family took the ferry to Seattle (well all of usthat actually got to the ferry on time. Sad for the 4 that missed it by 2 cars) We had a fun dinner at Red Robin on the water in Seattle followed by an amazing Mariners game. Robin and went to a Mariners game.
Home of the Mariners- Safeco Field


Brody had fun at his first MLB game. Wedensday I spent the day with my sister Melanie and my sister in law Monica at Baby's R us Registering for their upcoming babies in August and October. Wednesday Night Jeremy got home from Vegas. Thursday Jeremy got his braces on. YA haha we are now a brace face couple. Lucky for us the tops are porcalin and you can barely see them (pictures to come) Thursday Night we were lucky enough to have dinner with Courtney and Casey and their kids! It made me wish I lived in Washington. I miss my Tebbies! Friday my whole family headed out to Mason. Courtney's Family was nice enough to allow us to use their mason lake property. We spent a few hours playing on the boat. Brody loved tubing with Jeremy and I.

Brody loves the water!!!

Each time the boat stopped he would walk to the back of the boat and try and get out like it was his turn to tube again. Brody also loved playing in the water and jumping on the water trampoline.


Thanks so much for letting us use the property Barrett Family. We loved it. After a fun day at the lake we headed home and quickly got ready. We headed out for dinner at Outback for my mom's birthday. Little did my mom know that my sister Melissa who had been in Easter Washington visiting her boyfriend had driven the 5 hours home to surprise her. Our whole family was there to celebrate my mom's birthday including both sets of grandparents. It was so great. We don't get a lot of opportunities to be home in Washington all together. It was so much fun. When Saturday morning came I was sad to leave. I felt like I could stay another week. Part of that could have been the 13.5 hour straight drive back. With 2133 Miles added and a million dead bugs on my grill we are finally back. We miss washington and we can't wait to be back in september for our orthodontist appointment. I guess getting braces isnt' that bad. I get to see my family every 8 weeks and free braces. I'll endure the pain it's not that bad.

I Promise to upload my own pictures from our vacation tomorrow. I stole these from Monica. THANKS!!

8 comments:

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

WOW! sounds like so much fun!!! i am glad you, jeremy and brody are able to have so much fun! you all have so much fun together.

Anonymous said...

How fun, I really miss the west coast. Washington and Oregon are two of my favorite places. The ride there is really long though. Good job.

Becky said...

Janelle, Sounds like you had an amazing trip.

Monica said...

Haha I was looking at your blog and was like these pictures look very familiar!!! I had a good laugh when I realized they were my pictures. I am glad you could use them too!!! Especially since I got some really cute ones of your family!!

dkwalkerfam said...

Long drive but it looks like it was definitely worth it!

Ashley C said...

That sounds like an awesome trip! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Sarah said...

Looks like such a fun trip. That hair is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Ryan was telling me that he was friends with you. Small world! No, I didn't go to the reception. I had something else that night. Brody is super cute. I love his smile!