Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I know I'v been bad... please forgive me

I unfortunately don't have any pictures so please excuse me! My computer is on it's last leg and the hard drive is full which means there is no room to download the new pictures I've taken. I'm working on this so hopefully soon I can post pictures. There have been so many things that have happened in our lives since the last post I figured I would do a quick overview

Moved our belongings into the garage of our new house in Spanish For June 4th we weren't able to unpack anything because we had to leave for my sisters wedding.

Spent A week in Washington for my sisters wedding on June 11th. Congratulations Melissa and Brandon. It was a crazy busy week none of us slept and I still wonder how the wedding and reception actually came together. It was amazing!

June 17th Jeremy Ran the Ragnar AKA Wasatch Back a 24 hour relay spanning from Logan to Park City 188 miles in total. Jeremy's 3 legs totaled around 19 miles. He did an awesome job, got 2 large blisters one on each foot and couldn't walk for a day or so but is determined to do it again next year and is even signed up for his first have marathon in September.

We were called to nursery over the younger class in Late June.... (Yes I am wondering who thought of that great idea as well!) Despite telling them I can't pick up children they still wanted us :)

4th of July weekend we spent time in Mt. Pleasant enjoying some good old family time with Jeremy's family and enjoying the Mt. Pleasant parade before coming back to watch the stadium of fire fireworks show in Provo.

July 5th we spent time working on house projects and then went to 7 peaks with my brother Joel his wife Monica and their little guy Crew

For the past week and a half we have been focusing on "finish work" in Brody's Room. We took out the original baseboard and replaced it with a 5 inch baseboard followed by a white Wainscot with light blue above it.. I don't have a picture to share yet but this is similar except Brody's goes 6 feet up the wall and the blue is way different.


We finally finished that project after about a week (we thought it would be a few days)

I've been fretting about decorating. I want it done yet I haven't had much time. I was so blessed the other day when my sister in law Monica and her mom called and said they had found some decorations they thought I would like and brought me home so much amazing stuff! They have such great taste it's like I hired a interior decorator! It has been such a blessing and a relief. I have been so overwhelmed with Brody's room project and trying to get things ready for the baby I haven't had a free moment but I've been stressing that the house isn't ready to bring a baby home because it's not "finished" yet. It's been such a blessing having Joel and Monica Live next door. They have been so helpful and it's been so fun to get to see them pretty much daily! We love you guys and are so happy to live next door.

In the middle of all of this I had a emergency doctor's visit followed up the next day with a trip to the ER. I was having major pain and could barely walk. I visited the doctor's office and they ran a few tests which came back negative. They sent me home to rest and said it could be preterm labor but said if they checked to see if I was dilating that the hospital wouldn't be able to do an important test. I slept for a few hours and the pain subsided. The next morning I woke up with some pain which continually got worse until I couldn't stand it any longer. I dropped Brody off with Monica and headed to the hospital. By the time I got there I was on the verge of tears trying to walk in. They hooked me up and ran some more tests. I was having what was called irritability. I guess it's where you have contractions but they aren't rhythmic. I was dilated to a 1 and to top things off I had blood in my urine and possibly very dehydrated (they weren't quite sure about the dehydration the urine was super dark but part of that was blood so it made it difficult to determine). They never figured out what was causing it but after giving me 2 L of fluid through an IV as well as a strong antibiotic they sent me home to rest. I have been feeling pretty good since then except I've been pretty tired... most likely just from pregnancy.

I hope to post pictures soon. I'll try to be a better blogger as well. I'll put pictures of the decorations and Brody's room up hopefully early next week.

3 comments:

Heidi gail walls said...

sounds real busy... take care of yourself and that little girl of yours. Please call if you need any help or anything.

Linds Forrest said...

Woa you are busy! But it sounds like it's all been pretty awesome. Can't wait to see pictures of your new place and your projects, you are always so creative! I hope this last part of your pregnancy goes well!!!

Me and My Clan said...

Holy cow Janelle! I had no idea that happened. I hope you're feeling better. I'm REALLY happy to be able to tell you now that I no longer need help cleaning on Monday. I'll explain that later, but there's no way I'd let you help now anyway, even if I still needed it. I'm so sorry! Oh, and I can't wait to see your house all cutesied up. Brody's room sounds adorable. Way to go!