Thursday, April 15, 2010

The baby's Room

So far I've figured out a few things for the baby's room

This is a picture of the new crib we got. Ours was recalled so the company gave us a credit at baby's R us for a new crib of our choice! Ours isn't set up yet so I pulled a picture off the internet so please ignore the bedding
http://images.buzzillions.com/images_customers/06/43/10634900_86390_full.jpg

I just ordered this bed set. I am pretty sure it's the "one" but we'll see when it comes! If you can't tell the coordinating color is brown not blackProduct Image Bananafish Lily Crib Bedding Collection
I bought these matching curtains and rug. The curtains may go back I'm still trying to convince Jeremy to plantation shutters for the new house... we'll see what the bid comes back at. I may also change my mind about the rug but we'll see!
Product Image BANANAFISH Lilac Bananafish Lily Window PanelProduct Image BANANAFISH Lilac Bananafish Lily Rug
I kind of like this one too


02204A - Shaggy Raggy White Rug The Rug Market

And I'm thinking of making frames like this in brown and white and brown and purple
http://site.unbeatablesale.com/img070/trend1222.JPG
Then some lettering on the wall possibly like this
http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.119861608.jpg

8 comments:

Ashley C said...

That will look really cute! We had a recalled crib and got credit at BRU also. And then we bought the exact same crib that you did. :) I really love it. Its super easy to put together (I did it by myself) and its really good quality.

Iliana said...

Love the rug with the madallions on it... also that boys' paisley bedding, love it.

JM Inc. said...

It's beautiful Janelle...kids rooms are so much fun to do(: And plantation shutters are so classic and an investment into the homes resale value, so tell Jeremy that. Drapes are fun, but they don't do anything to the value of a home unless they're like custom and will stay with it.

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Your idea's and the pictures i have seen so far is just georgeous! you are so talented and have such a eye for these kinds of things. Can't wait to see pictures and or the finished product. Loves, Cousin Heidi

KB Kidz said...

we have that crib! or at least it looks pretty similar - and we love it!

Sarah said...

SO cute! I love that bedding and rug. I've gotten pretty sick of pink and I've been obsessed with purple baby things this time around.

Linds said...

So cute! I love the purple/brown!

Unknown said...

looks cute! That crib is very similar to ours and we love it. It will be white soon though.